|National Humor Month Kicks Off with April Fool's Day|
GET READY TO START NATIONAL HUMOR MONTH 2013 WITH A BANG!
CHECK OUT THESE FUN APRIL FOOL'S DAY LINKS...
Probably the most-asked question about April Fools Day: How did it start?
Scott Friedman, CSP, 2004-2005 President of National Speakers Association, suggests these 10 Ways to Celebrate Humor Month
10. Send out child-like invitations to your next meeting. Everyone brings a gift for a needy child.
9. Be a Cookie Monster! Come in early to drop off a cookie (or chocolate!!) on each employee's desk. No note. No announcement. Surprise!
8. Change the word "deadline" to "finish line" to celebrate all completions.
7. Practice kind acts of random. The third person to work today wins a photo with my Aunt Gladys.
6. Celebrate employees' 'inner child' by posting their baby pictures on a bulletin board and guess who's who.
5. Celebrate the first stress of the day! Computer issues? Bravo! Time for a latte and a chocolate croissant.
4. Make an "already done" list and celebrate your accomplishments.
3. Play theme music to match the tome of your upcoming meeting, i.e., Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive." "What ever happened to her?".
2. Name that "hum." Organize a 'hum-along'. It's hard to be stressed when you're humming.
1. Enroll yourself in the Hokey Pokey Clinic and turn yourself around.
Scott's inspiring book, "Celebrate!: Lessons Learned From the World's Most Admired Organizations" is available at www.scottfriedman.net
ATTENTION HUMOR SCHOLARS...
The International Society for Humor Studies presents an International Humor Conference each year.
FREE COMIC BOOK DAY...
Free Comic Book Day is a single day - the first Saturday in May - when participating comic book shops across North America and around the world give away comic books absolutely FREE* to anyone who comes into their stores. *Check with your local shop for their participation and rules. http://www.freecomicbookday.com
|site design and development provided by klynnnDESIGN, LLC|